Nowadays, there are several studies conducted on how to achieve success and what is the key towards it. Women are in the spotlight due to the fact that it was used to believe that only men are allowed to feel empowered and successful. Hence, those studies follow closely how women achieve success and most important how they managed to appear successful and professional at their jobs. One of the most interesting things about women is how they dress and wear make-up at their workplace. Some studies suggest the fact that those that wear make-up at work are perceived as more competent and sure on their abilities to fulfil various tasks. So, the question that stands out is how to use makeup for a professional look.
Here are some rules that you need to keep in mind:
- First of all, use cosmetic products that last longer. It is best to have a make-up that stays in place all day long, rather than being forced to retouch it from now and then.
- We all are in a rush in the morning. Hence, you will have to choose a make-up style that can be done quickly and that it is easy enough to do. It is best that you do not waste too much time in the morning getting ready, especially if you have to wake up early.
- Make-up is supposed to highlight your features. It is recommended to ditch those techniques that hide who you really are.
- For a work environment, it is best to choose a smooth, natural coloured make-up. If you want to appear professional, opting for a flashy lipstick won`t do the job. Being professional at your work means that you will have to present yourself with a smooth, well groomed look.
- Also, think about how makeup makes you feel. The goal is to feel comfortable wearing it because if you will end up stressing about how you look, you will neglect your work. Do not overuse foundation or powder because it will make your skin feel loaded.
One of the most interesting things about women is how they dress and wear make-up at their workplace. Some studies suggest the fact that those that wear make-up at work are perceived as more competent and sure on their abilities to fulfil various tasks.
So, let`s see what you should not do with your makeup for work.
- Ditch the fake lashes. You will look like you forgot to remove your last night makeup. Also, do not use too much mascara and instead opt for a clean look.
- Avoid using dark eye makeup. Smoky eyes are perfect for evening events or for going out with friends, but at work it will create an unwanted effect.
- Do not use glittery makeup. It is both distracting and unprofessional. So, if you want to achieve something at work and allow people to focus on what you are telling them, skip the glitter.
- One of the most frequent makeup mistakes at the workplace is over colouring your eyebrows. Highlighting too many your eyebrows is unflattering and it will definitely make you look unprofessional.
- Don`t use cosmetic products in order to change the colour of your complexion. We all know those creams can end up in a disaster. So, if you do not want to look strange, avoid using them.